The church was founded in 1811 when James Madison was the President of the United States, and the church has been faithful in "holding forth the word of life" for 208 years. The ministry began back in the summer of 1811 in a log cabin situated just behind where the current church building stands. From that original group two other churches were started in the area which still continue until this day. The busy roadways that intersect where the church is located, originally were just trails that were used by Native Americans who traveled to the shore during the hot summer months. The trails became wagon roads in the early days of the young republic, and later a stage coach line traveled the same roads to the Jersey Shore. In the 1840's a new church building was erected on this site which stood until the mid 1960's, until it had to be torn down because it was in such a poor state of repair. In 1966 the church built the current building and dedicated it for worship services. New Freedom is a caring church family, and the word family is often used to describe the tenor of this ministry. Visitors are always welcome, and the families try diligently to make visitors feel at home and welcome. Come and join us at New Freedom Bible Church where truly, "Our Name Is Our Message".